- Bellelli was established over twenty years ago by Mr. Tiziano Bellelli, an entrepreneur who, at the time, already had 30 years of solid experience in plastic moulds and manufacturing of plastic products for FERRARI, MASERATI, FIAT and other prestigious industrial brands for whom “top quality is a must, with no room for compromise”. After 20 years, these values still embody the core of the Company’s mission. With the support of his life partner, Ms. Estella Pasquini, architect and designer by trade, he created a company dedicated to the development and manufacturing of bicycle accessories for children. Since the beginning, the goal was to ensure that the company would be built on four solid pillars: (i) quality and durability of materials, (ii) well engineered and truly user friendly products, (iii) innovative design with new shapes, colors and packaging, (iv) affordable prices.
- In just one year the Bellelli child bicycle carriers obtained the TUV-GS approval. An outstanding achievement for such a young venture because the prestigious European recognition was obtained in a very short period of time and Bellelli became the first Italian company in the child bicycle carrier industry to obtain the TUV-GS approval. First class quality at its best!
- In only eight years Bellelli became an industry leader selling over 250,000 child bicycle carriers a year in 20 markets around the world.
- Bellelli entered the baby car seat market. The same development path was followed: solid investments and significant resources devoted to innovative design, state-of-the-art quality materials, R&D and the recruitment of technical staff from other European countries where “children safety culture” had a longer and better established tradition.
- Bellelli moved to a new modern and highly sophisticated (100,000 square feet) site equipped with a privately owned dynamic crash-test facility. To-date, Bellelli is the only Italian company in this industry to own an in-house crash-test facility.
- Creation of the MammaCangura brand, a new leap into the future, aimed at offering higher quality products with extra care and attention given to enhanced safety features, design, comfort and style.
- MammaCangura opens North American operations in Montréal (Canada).